Prior
to taking this course, my views on ethical leadership were completly different
from what they now are two weeks later. I went into this course thinking that
ethical leadership was how to act like a good leader. Now, ethical leadership
is about the many paths you can choose as a leader and the sometimes necessary
bad things that you must preform as a leader. I have learned so much new information
about leadership be intriguing reading made by people such
as Machiavelli, Martin Luther King Jr., and even President Ford. From all of the lectures, discussions, and homework that I have done for this class, I have learned lots of lessons about leadership. I've learned about the "dirty hands" situation and how one should properly handle it. This form of leadership has changed my opinion on certain leaders and leadership overall after learning about situations where it was performed.
Learning the 7 C's of leadership was also very interesting, and it was very cool to see how they were defined and think of famous people I have learned about that have used these methods. All of the lessons that I have learned about in leadership are now forever in my head and I will be able to call upon them when I need them.
Knowing these leadership skills are very important to me as when I grow up I hope to be a entrepreneur. This job requires lots of leadership as I will most likely need to lead a group of people. Learning Ethical Leadership has taught me how to lead and treat people that would be working alongside me or for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment