Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Homework Assignment #4

I think that it is possible to be an effective leader and ethically good, though it is not always easy. I think there are many situations where a leader is put in difficult decisions and mite need to compromise to get something done. It is important that a leader stays by his ground ethics, otherwise he will have problems being a true leader, when others question his character. 
I think being a leader requires a lot of flexibility, but I do not think that you need to be flexible about your ethics to be a leader. As leaders it is important to get things done and sometimes it is hard to get things done without compromising along the way. It is important for a leader to know what their most important values are, so when they have to make compromises, it is only about little things and not about the principles that matter to them most.
In my country politicians have been elected, because they promised they wouldn’t increase taxes. Unfortunately as soon as they were elected, they also realized that they had to pay for projects. This led to higher taxes, which were promised not to be. This example shows that it can be difficult to be practical and ethical. The politicians wound up breaking their promises, which make their actions wrong. I think the politicians still have a chance to stay an ethical leader, however if he or she tried all possibilities besides breaking their promises. They have to admit they were wrong and try to convince the public that raising taxes is the only choice to make the community better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment