My view about ethical leadership has changed because I never
realized how complex it is. I went into this course understanding the basic
definitions of ethics and leadership but nothing about dirty hands or necessary
evils. I had always thought it was just deciding between right and wrong, right
and right, or wrong and wrong. I never realized how difficult it could be to
strive to become an ethical leader. There are a lot of qualities a person must
have although they can be conflicting at times. I found that in order to lead
it is fundamental to find a balance between doing what the people want and what
you think is best for the community. I personally thought the topic of
necessary evils was one of the most fascinating because there are so many
examples of great leaders using them to lead even though they can have great consequences
when misunderstood. I never would have thought of doing something evil for the
benefit of society especially as an ethical leader. I will take many of the
things I have learned in this class back home and apply them to running for
class president and heading clubs at my school. I hope to use the different
leadership styles such as north, south, east and west to better lead groups of
people and accomplish many more tasks.
No comments:
Post a Comment