Thursday, August 1, 2013

From Emily Bross


Homework Assignment #8 – Reflective Writing

In the beginning I thought that being an ethical leader would actually not be that hard. Of course deciding about what is ethical or not ethical, could be a big struggle sometimes. But in the end there is the one decision you have to make to accomplish your goal. Though getting to know the seven C’s you should achieve, makes me rethink the leader position. There are lots of values a leader needs to fulfill. So as I learned there are a lot of complicated aspects you have to include. Also Machiavelli gave me a very new perspective of a leader. How he tried appearing good, so that the people love him, and behind their backs being power hungry by always trying to get more power and making others weaker. Also how he manipulated people, twisted facts around and used necessary evil when it’s the only option for the situation, was very shocking and interesting to me. Through the ethical Leadership course I learned, that there are often grey situations, where you ask yourself what the right answer is and the ethics and values become challenged. But I really liked clarifying morals, values, and leadership. I learned lots on being a good ethical leader and really hope to succeed in the future with some of this ‘new’ information.  Thank you! Emily Bross

No comments:

Post a Comment