Thursday, August 1, 2013

Course Reflection

 Overall in this course I think that my understanding of ethical leadership has changed greatly as I now see how difficult it is to be an ethical leader, in the sense that those who do manage now seem like even greater leaders. The action plan allowed me to transfer the strategies that I have seen exercised in other leaders apply to me, especially through ‘The Seven ‘C’s’. Making sure to look at leadership in terms of yourself, others and the group appears more precedent since often I tend to lean only towards the group, without looking at the individual contributing factors.

 I now feel as though I will take more time to think through my decisions and make sure that they act towards the common goal as my opinion is not the only one which matters. When provoked to consider the article about Vargas about being undocumented, further thought caused my opinion of the matter to change. I now believe that unjust laws can be broken with acceptable reason since the state should attempt to strive for the common good, yet how can they do this if the law is unfair?

I think that now I am more willing to trust others with making decisions, as I know that it is important to share information with everyone, as ‘Dirty Hands’ is a better alternative to being caught out. Furthermore having trust will make problems easier to solve as I will be more likely to take suggestions from other people, and as seen in the low ropes course, often it makes a great impact!


In general I thought that  the course made ethical leadership seem very approachable and noble at the same time, learning about the classic ideals of leadership allowed me to see which traits from each idea constituted to one greater model.

No comments:

Post a Comment