Class blog for Ethical Leadership: Theory in to Practice, a Brown Leadership Institute Course, Summer 2013
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Reflecting on Leadership
I can definitely say that I have changed over the course of this class. One big aspect of this program that I took away from was the self-awareness I gained from the workshops we did. I really enjoyed each workshop I participated in, and found I was actively engaged in them because I was genuinely interested in enhancing my leadership skills. Half of my leadership skills learned from this program came from the workshops. They really touched each important value needed to be a leader. At the beginning of class when listing off all the values an ethical leader should have it seemed nearly impossible. As we advanced through class and my knowledge grew on the subject, I started to think slowly that being an ethical leader is coming more and more possible. Especially after watching Invictus, I feel that Mandela was as close to an ethical leader as anyone else could. I also learned a lot about Machiavelli and his views and values. I learned that sometimes to be a good leader and to stay a leader you sometimes must have to take necessary evils. In terms of the future, I now can assess my values with the leadership values I learned through this course. Whenever making a decision now in the future, I will definitely reflect on the good leadership values and make sure I'm following them the best that I possibly can. I really enjoyed the class overall. I feel the way it was set up really helped me understand each concept explained in class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment